The Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB) approached Struber at a pivotal time in its growth as a member organisation, seeking support to overhaul its reputation as an essential service to the rail industry.
Struber developed a repositioning plan integrating strategic marketing, communication, and engagement to lift RISSB’s reputation as essential to driving a safer, more productive future for Australia’s rail industry.
An influential membership organisation with a complex offering, RISSB wanted to increase industry awareness of its value, aiming to retain current members and attract new ones.
Struber discovered as much as possible about RISSB, its communication and engagement techniques, and rail industry perceptions of its value.
We then developed a long-term repositioning plan for RISSB to implement, using strategic communication, marketing, and engagement.
• Facilitated an inception workshop to understand RISSB’s offering, issues and challenges
• Analysed materials, channels, reports and plans, and conducted a gap analysis
• Developed a comprehensive repositioning plan integrating strategic marketing, communication and engagement
• Presented to RISSB’s Board
• Developed communication assets to support plan implementation, including updated branding, member brochure, case studies and social media tools
• Supported RISSB in commencing implementation of the plan.
Struber uncovered focus areas where strategic and tactical changes could be made to achieve its reputation and positioning goals.
Across the board, these included updating the overarching value proposition of membership, changing direction in industry engagement, and re-working the membership fee structure.