How do you create a calm culture and why it is important during this outbreak.
Embracing the new normal is easier said than done. One of the things you can do for your employees is to create a calm culture in the face of COVID-19. How do you create it?
1. Communicate with your employees regularly – this can be via a weekly forum, video messages from leaders, use of internal email and social media.
2. Provide clear and digestible information around COVID-19 – focus on 3 areas – new restrictions, good hygiene, and government stimulus. Updating every second day or after a new announcement has been made. This ensures that employees know we are all on the same page and aware of any new developments.
3. Consult with your employees and involve them in helping find solutions forward.
4. Ensure your employees know the channels and people to reach out to get the answers they need. Take the time to re-educate them on who is the best person to contact for a range of different needs. Have an internal reference point where all this can be found.
5. Provide some comic relief – work hard to make them smile. This is a tense time and a smile can help break through some of the stress they will be feeling.
6. Encourage your team to breathe – introduce a daily one-minute meditation – sometimes this is all we need to calm our mind and refocus.
A calm culture can go a long way amid this health crisis and your team will thank you for it.
As we always say,
Teamwork makes the dream work.